Fade cut can be defined as a hairstyle that features the gradual transition from short to longer hair. There are so many variations of fade haircuts, but the idea remains the same across all the variations.
The hairstyles are great for casual and formal looks, and you can experiment as much as you want as long as you have a skilled barber you can trust. Even though taper fade cuts have been around for years, they have gained popularity in modern times but there are some that seem to be more popular than others.
1. Caesar taper fade – It is amongst the best for African Americans mainly because of their skin complexion and dark hair color. The sides have short haircuts and longer haircuts featured on the top. The top haircuts have larger lengths usually swept to the front side and not the side as many other fades do. The fade allows for short borders and bangs to be combed sideways.
2. Mohawk taper fade – The Mohawk is still trending and you can stand out in a taper fade Mohawk. For this fade, the hair on the top head part is longer compared to that on the back of the head making it possible for you to lift them in faux hawk style. The length increases from the top to bottom. You can easily style this fade at home using pomade.
3. Afro taper fade – It is most suitable for men who have curly or kinky hair and the curls are styled from top with the hair length decreasing from the top part running downwards till they vanish. It is a very popular fade style especially for black men.
4. Temple fade – This style suits any color and skin tone, but it needs to be done by a skilled hairdresser or barber. It is more like a low fade, but the difference comes in because the transition between hair lengths in this style is more abrupt, clear and evidently visible.
5. High taper fade – It fades with skin at around 2 inches or even lower from the hair top. It is a style that can be rocked by anybody but it seems to work best for men with black hair.You can easily hold the hair tight using pomade and it also works in keeping the hair shiny. There is also the low taper fade which disappears an inch above the natural hairline. For the low taper fade, it would be a good idea to use hair gel when styling for the best results.
6. Bald taper fade – It is a great style for men who are almost bald because it offers a stylish look. It is very similar to military buzz but it is different because it fades from nothing around the sides to the top of the head where the fade is largest. Its appearance works for bald men because it makes the baldness less visible.
7. Comb over fade – The bottom hair is trimmed regularly in this style, whereas the top hair is left to grow in length. The bottom hair remains below the top hair level. You can comb the top in a slick back.